NO SHOW/MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY
We, at West Point Vision Care, understand that sometimes you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment and that there are emergencies. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as soon as possible (with at least a 24-hour notice). You can cancel appointments by calling the following number: 804-843-9030 or email us at [email protected]. You must receive a confirmation of cancellation from West Point Vision Care in order for your appointment to be considered cancelled.
To ensure that each patient is given the proper amount of time allotted for their visit and to provide the highest quality care, it is very important for each scheduled patient to attend their visit on time. As a courtesy, an appointment reminder call to you may be made/attempted at least one (1) business day prior to your scheduled appointment. However, it is the responsibility of the patient to arrive for their appointment on time.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING POLICY:
1. Please cancel your appointment with at least a 24 hours’ notice: There is a waiting list to see Dr. Bickerton at West Point Vision Care and whenever possible, we like to fill cancelled spaces to shorten the waiting period for our patients.
2. If less than a 24-hour cancellation is given this will be documented as a “No-Show” appointment.
3. If you do not present to the office for your appointment, this will be documented as a “No-Show” appointment.
4. We allow a 15-minute tardy window for your appointment. If you have not arrived within 15 minutes after your appointment time, it will be considered a “No-Show” and you will need to reschedule.
5. After the first “No-Show/Missed” appointment, you will receive a phone call or letter warning that you have broken our "No-Show" policy. West Point Vision Care will assist you to reschedule this appointment if needed.
6. If you have 2 “No-Show/Missed” appointments within a one-year time period, you will receive a warning letter or phone call from our office and will be assessed a $25.00 no show fee.
7. If you have 3 "No-Show/Missed" appointments within a one-year time, you will receive a second $25 no show fee assessment. You will be allowed to come in on a walk-in basis only (which means you may not be able to be seen or will have to wait until scheduled appointments are completed before we can fit you in) and Dismissal from the practice will be considered.